Friendship

I know I don't update my blog very often with things on my mind.  I use this blog as a keepsake for my family to remind me what we have done and been through over the years. 

But, lately I have been getting a feel for what a true friend is.  I must say I have some amazing friends here in Corpus.  I have been blessed with so many kind and wonderful people in my life lately.  I am grateful for those people in my life that I know I can always go to.  I am thankful for them because they realize a friendship is two ways.  I am thankful for them because they don't use me.  I am thankful because they are always there for me not just when its convenient for them.  I have had many friendships over the years and although I am thankful for all of them, I have come to realize that I really only need those that pick me up and make me a better person.  Some friendships are so downing and depressing that they do nothing but bring you down.  I'm not saying that times like that don't happen with everyone, but being happy is a state of mind that you get to choose.  I love my friends who have a positive outlook on life.  I love my friends who always pick me up.  It doesn't matter how bad of a mood I am in one phone call, text, email, pie, note, visit, or smile can make it all better.  I am so thankful for the friendships I have built and this lesson you have thought me.

Thank you to my friends who pick me up and keep me up.

1 comment:

Pianamama said...

Nice post Jen. If there was a "like" button I would click it! :)